Well...Ghee rice is one of the delicious, simple, rich and yummy dish. I love the taste. It goes well with any sort of side dishes. I prefer this while guest arrive home. Its so simply that we can prepare it for any number of people. Here i will tell the measure for one cup of basmati rice, so you can convert the measurments for as many cups you want.
Bamathi rice - 1 cup
Ghee - 3 tsp
Chashew nuts - 100grms
Onions - 1 ( finely chopped)
Green Chilly - 3 ( if you want less spicy, then you can add according to yours....)( cut it length wise)
Ginger and Gralic paste - 3 tsp
Coconut Milk - 1 cup
Salt - To taste
MASALA ITEMS :
bay leaves - 2
Cardamons - 3
Cloves - 2
Cinnamon sticks - small piece ( 2-3 )
* Well, the preparation is too simple, first take a heavy bottomed vessel. Add the Ghee and when it melts, add the Cloves, Cardamons, Cinnamon sticks and bay leaves. Fry it.
* Then add the cashew nuts to it and fry till it comes to golden brown.
* Then add the chopped onions and fry for some times. Then add the green chilly and fry it.
* Then add the Ginger and garlic paste and fry till the raw smell disappears.
* Then add the washed basmati rice and fry for 3 - 5 mins.
*Then add 1cup coconut milk and 1 cup water. Now mix all together. Then add salt to it.
( If you are doing it in electric rice cooker, then the job, but just keep mixing it inbetween , so that every thing blends to-gether. just before its going to get over, add 1 more spoon of ghee, and leave it. So that once the rice is cooked you can serve it hot.....)
or otherwise , if you are cooking it in a pressure cooker, then do not put the vessel. After adding the salt, simmer the stove, and close the pressure cooker with its lid , (but dont put the vessel or weight), let the air come out, but every one and then, keep stiring it and when it is semi-cooked add 1 more spoon of ghee and mix well...So finally, when it rice is cooked, switch off the stove , close the pressure cooker and now put the weight on it and leave it for few 5 mins.
Well, the Ghee rice is ready now.
Serve hot with spicy side dishes.
Back to Spice-india recipes blog