Dal vada, is one of the most common and famous dish in southern part of india. You can usually see these during celebration days, or even prepared for friends who come home in the evening time. The main part of this is to keep the vada crispy. Its such a simple and tasty dish.
Well, my friends always ask me how i prepare such tasty vadai. Its something that i learnt from my mom, and here is the answer for that......
Channa dhal - 1 cup
Big Onions - 1( Finely chopped. If you can manage to get small onions, it will taste much more better, But being in place like UK, it very difficult to get in some parts)
Green Chilly - 3 small ( finely chopped)
Ginger and Garlic paste - 3 spoons
Coriander leaves - little ( Chopped)
Curry leaves - Little ( chopped)
Rice flour - 3 spoons
Corn flour - 2 sppons
Salt - To taste
Oil - To deep fry.
* Well... First soak the channa dhal for 3 hrs. ( If you dont have that much time, then you can soak them in hot water , so that you can soak it for 1 1/2 hrs. )
* Now take the soaked chann dhal and put it in the mixy jar...But remember you should not add water to it. Don't add even very little water to it. Because, how much ever you put less water, that much crisp you get.
* Grind the chann dhal........But just for very little time....(Dont grind too smooth)
* Now put it in a dry bowl, and add ginger and garlic paste to it and mix well.
* Then add the chopped onions, Chopped Green chilly, Coriander leaves, curry leaves, and salt and mix well.
* Finally add the rice flour, corn flour and mix well.
* Well.........Now make a small ball shaped and keep it in your palm and press gently by using your other palm.
* Now put it in the oil and deep fry it untill it comes to golden brown.
Thats it, your yummy and spicy Dhal vada is ready.
You can serve them hot with Coconut chutney or Tomato chutney....Hope you enjoy making this recipe.........ENJOY...
Back to Spice-india Recipe Blog