Adai.......This is the recipe that takes me back to old memories. Its a dish which has to be cooked on medium flame. So it always takes time time between the first adai and the second one to come to our plates. It was golden days, where we sit in front of the TV watching our fav tv shows, and my mom preparing it in the kitchen and bring it to our plates....I really miss those days. ( Because now, i have to go to the kitchen and do for my hubby and daughter)...Well..Time changes and we got to accept the change.......But it is always a nice feel when our hubby and kid ask for more. And specially when comes to Adai, my daughter loves it.
If kids eat just one Adai also, it is too filling for them. And i always use ghee instead of oil when cooking for my sweet daughter. Afterall they need some fat...
Well...Here goes the recipe for crispy Adai...
Idly Rice - 1 cup
Channa Dhal - 1 cup
Yellow Mung Dhal - 1 cup
Toor Dhal - 3 tsp
Red chilly - 6
Mustard seed - 1 tsp
cumin seeds - 1 tsp
big Onion - 2 ( chopped finely)
curry leaves - hand full
coriander leaves - 1 hand ful
Salt - To taste
Oil - 2-3 spoon per dosa.
* Take a vessel, add the rice, channa dhal, yellow mung dhal, toor dhal and the red chilly together and add water and soak it for 3 hours.
* Then after 3 hours, put it in the mixy jar and grind it by adding water. ( Dont make it too watery)
* Now take a pan, add oil and add the mustard seeds, then add the cumin seeds and fry it.
* Then add the chopped onion and fry till golden brown.
* Then add the curry leaves and corinader leaves .
* Finally add the fried item to the grinded mixture.
* Then add the salt according to the taste.
* Well, now take a pan, and add one small cup of the prepared mixture and put it in round shape.
* Add oil and cook in low flame.
* Now turn the adai to other side and cook for some time.
wow............the Adai is now ready to be served.
We can serve it with any kind of Chutneys........
Back to Spice-India recipe site