Hi friends....How are you people doing???.My weekend was fab. My birthday was on saturday, which was yesterday. Birthdays are fun and joy, but mine was double joy because i have passed my UK driving my test on the same day. So i really enjoyed my day, getting wishes and congrats from friends on orkut, mail and telephone. Friends visiting home making the day more special. Well Today i am going to post the egg kuzhambu recipe. Eggs are a commom food and one fo the most versatile ingredients used in all type of cooking. In india we have so many varieties of egg recipes. Egg Kuzhambu is one of the type we prepared. These egg kuzhambu can be prepared in differnt methods. And here i am posting one of the method, which is different and tasty. This is the recipe i learnt from my mom. And here is the recipes.......
Egg - 5-6
Coconut - 1/2
Garlic - 1 full ( peeled )
Onion - 1 ( Chopped finely)
Tomato - 1 ( Finely chopped)
Green Chilly - 3 ( Chopped length-wise)
Curry Leaves - one stem
Turmeric powder - 1/4 spoon
Coriander powder - 2 spoon
Chilly poswder - 1 spoon ( Optional , add it if you wish to have hot and spicy)
Garam Masala - 1/2 spoon
Salt - to taste
Oil- 4 -5 spoon
Masala Items :
Cinnamon Stick - 2 small pieces
Cardamons - 3
Cloves - 2
Bay leaves - 2
Sombu - 1 spoon
* First take out the coconut from its shell. Then chop it into small pieces.
* Take a mixy jar, add the chopped coconut pieces and the peeled garlic and grind it to fine paste adding water.
*Now take a pan, add oil, then add the above mentioned masala items and fry it.
* Add the chopped onions and fry till golden brown.
* Now add the green chillies, curry leaves and fry it.
* Then add the tomato and fry it
* Now add the grinded paste and fry for some times ( Till the raw smell of the garlic disappears)
* Now add 5 - 6 cups of water and mix well. Add the turmeric poswer, chilly powder, coriander powder and salt, mix well and cook for atleast 30 - 45 mins.
* Now after it is cooked, break the egg and add it directly to it. (add all the 5 eggs )
*Make sure you dont mix at this point, because mixing will break the eggs.
*Close the vessel with the lid and cook in medium flame for 5 mins
* Now switch off the stove and add the garam masala and mix carefully making sure you dont brak the eggs.
Thats all the Egg Kuzhambu recipe is ready to be served.
Serve it hot with plain rice.....ENJOY..........
Back to Spice-India Recipe Blog