hmm........Poori. Poori with potato curry is a very famous dish India. Having a puffy poori on the plate on a saturday's or sunday's is a yummy time. Poori has been fav of many. Kids love it just for its puffiness. And the recipe goes here.................
Wheat flour - 1 cup ( If you dont get wheat flour, you can make the poori with all purpose flour )
Maida ( all purpose flour) - 3 tsp.
Wheat flour - little in a bowl, which will be used while rolling the dough
Oil - 3 tsp
Salt - To taste
Oil - ( to deep fry)
Water - little ( Just to make the Dough)
* Take a vessel, add the wheat flour, all purpose flour and mix well
* Now add the salt and 3 tsp of oil and mix well.
* Now make the dough, by sprinkling or adding water.
* Keep mixing it very well. The more time you keep mixing will give more softness for the dough.
* Now after the dough is ready, keep it covered with a wet cloth, and leave it for 15 - 20 mins.
* Then take dough, and make it a small ball shape.
* Now roll it flat using the roller ( spread little bit of wheat flour, now and then to avoid the dough sitcking )
* Then take a pan, add oil, generously ( Because, we need to fry the rolled dough).
* Make sure the oil is heated well. Because if it is not really hot, then the poori will not come puffy.
* Now put the dough, making sure it is fully immersed in the oil.
* Now the poori will come pufffffffff...........Turn it on to the other side.
Thats all, puffy poori is ready to eat. Serve it hot with potato curry.......hmmmmm yumm
Back to Spice-india recipe site