Hi friends, today i am going to post the long beans curry recipe. This is a simple and yummy side dish. I learnt this recipe from one of my friend named Mrs Chitra Senthil. She was my neighbour in Birmingham and later became good friends. It all started when one afternoon i went to her house, and in a causual chat when i asked what did she prepare for lunch, she said, she made long beans curry. Long beans curry???..which i have never tasted it till that date. I was wondering how long beans will look like ???( I was newly married and did not know even 1 % of cooking ). Then she explained and also offered a spoon full to taste. Hoooo my word, i loved the taste........I then asked her the recipe, and from then on when ever i go for Indian Grocessory stories, i never forget to buy this long beans......Well, here is the recipe..........
Long Beans - 500 grms ( or one bunch)( Washed, cleaned and chopped)
Caraway ( Soombu) - 1/2 spoon
garlic - 6 ( Crushed)
Channa Dhal - 50 grms
Green chilly - 3 ( Or according to spice you need)
Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
Salt - to taste
Oil - to fry
* Take a pan, add some oil and heat it.
* Add the Soombu and crushed gralic and fry it.
* Then add the chopped beans and fry well.
* Make sure you fry it in medium or low flame. Do not add water. You have to keep frying it in the oil, until it is cooked well.
* Then beans will get cooked and could see them shrink in volume.
* Now add the turmeric powder and salt.
* In the mean while, pressure cook the channa dhal.
* Now cool the channa dhal, and grind it, by adding the green chilly.
* Now add the mixture to the beans and mix well.
* Intially they all stick to gether, but keep frying it until , they come separate.
Thats it, the simple and yummy long beans curry is ready. Serve hot
Back to spice-india recipe site