Prawn kuzhambu is a yummy mouthwatering recipe. Just by its looks almost all the non-veg lover mouth will start to water....hahha.......Because we use tamarind , few may love, but few may not. But here is the recipe just for you.........................
Raw Prawn - 300 grms ( Cleaned)
Big Onion - 2 ( Very Finely chopped)
Tomatoes - 1 ( Big ) ( Finely chopped)
Garlic - Peeled ( Do not chop , because we need to add it directly )
Ginger and garlic paste - 3 tsp
Chilly powder - 2 tsp
Coriander powder - 2 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Salt - To taste
Tamarind - small lemon size ( Use this to mix with water and make a nice tamarind water.. for about 2 - 3 tumblers)
Garam masala - 1/2 tsp
Oil - To fry.
* First take a pan, add oil and heat it.
* Then add the finely chopped onions and whole garlic and fry till golden brown.
* Now add the Tomatoes and fry very well.
* Then add the ginger and garlic paste and fry till the raw smells goes.
* Then add the tamarind water and addchilly powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and salt .
* Add some water and cook it for 25 - 30 mins.
* Then finally add the prawn and cook for another 10 mins.
* Add garam masala and switch off the stove.
Prawn kuzhambu is ready , garnish and serve.
( This will always taste the best on the next day. So if you really want the special taste, then try to cook it a day before and feast on the next day.....Sure it will taste good.....)
Back to Spice-india recipe site