Chicken Jalfrezi is one of the common dish found on the menu's of many restaurants. This is a colourful and incredibly dish. And here is the recipe just for you........
Chicken - 300 grms ( Boneless - washed and chopped into small pieces)
Oil - To fry
Cummin Seeds - 2 tsp
Garlic cloves - 3 (Finely chopped)
Ginger - small piece ( Finely chopped)
Onion - 1 ( Chopped Finely)
Green Chillies - 1 ( Chop length wise)
Ginger and Garlic paste - 1 tsp
Green Capsicum Pepper - 1/2 ( Chopped coarsely )
Red Capsicum Pepper - 1/2 ( Chopped coarsely)
Coriander Leaves - hand full ( Chopped)
Tomatoes - 2 ( Chopped finely)
Salt - To taste
red chilly powder - 1 tsp ( To according to taste)
Turmeric powser - 1/2 tsp
Garam Masala - 1 tsp
* Take a pan, add oil and heat it. Now add the cumin seed and fry for some times.
* Then add the finely chopped ginger and garlic pieces and fry till golden brown.
* Now add the chopped chicken pieces and fry for few mins. The chicken will turn white and fry till it is nearly cooked.
* Now transfer the chicken to some bowl.
* Now in the same pan, heat oil , and add the Chilly powder and turmeric powder and fry for 1-2 mins.
* Then add onions and green chilly and fry for 5 more mins.
* Now add the caspsicum pepper ( Red and Green ) and fry till they become soft.
* Add the chopped tomatoes, coriander leaves and fry till the tomatoes are cooked.
* Now transfer the chicken to the pan and stir-fry.
* Add some water if needed and add salt.
* Cook till the chicken is cooked fully.
hmmm.......the yummy chicken Jalfrezi is ready. Granish and serve hot with a squeeze of lemon juice over the top.
Back to Spice-india recipe site