Hi friends, Here i am with a tasty recipe called " Chicken Bharta". This is a recipe where dices of chicken been cooked in onion and tomato masala. This is one of my most fav recipe. And here is the recipe just for you.....
Chicken - 1/2 kg ( Skinless and boneless) ( Chopped into tiny pieces)
Big Onion - 3 ( Chopped finely)
Ginger - small piece ( Chopped Finely)
Garlic - 3 - 5 ( Chopped Finely)
Tomatoes - 3 ( Chopped Finely)
Dry red chilly - 2 ( chopped)
Chilly powder - 1/4 tsp
Green chilly - 2 ( Need not to be chopped, just take off the stem and add it)
Coriander powder - 2 tsp
Garam masala - 1 tsp
Salt - to taste
Green capsicum - 1/2 ( Chopped into small cubes)
Oil - 5 - 6 tsp
Dry Fenugreek Leaves ( Kasoori methi) - 2 tsp
Lemon juice - 1 tsp
* Cut the boneless chicken into very tiny pieces.
* Now take a pan, add oil, and add the chopped onions, garlic and ginger and fry till the raw well for 5 - 8 mins.
* Then add the the capsicum, and little of chopped tomatoes and fry well.
* Now add the chopped chicken, and mix well and cook for sometimes.
* When the chicken starts to turn white in colour, add the rest of the tomatoes and mix well.
* Now add the redry chilly, green chilly, salt, chilly powder, coriander powder, little chopped corinader leaves and kasoori methi and mix well , and allow it to cook for 10 - 15 mins. ( Do not add water, because chicken leave out water).
* Keep stiring until the chicken is cooked and let the oil start to come out.
* Finally squeeze the fresh lemon ( 1 tsp) and mix well, and switch off the stove.
Wow.........the yummy chicken bharta is ready, garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve hot. Enjoy yours too.........hmmmmmmmmmmmm.....
Back to Spice-India recipe site