Nethili ( commersons Anchovy - in English) fish is one of the most tasty fish variety. I always perfer to go for the smaller size. When cooked they really taste like heaven. This fish fry goes very well with plainrice with onion Sambar or few perfer to have it with curd rice. This is a spicy recipe.
So here is the recipe just for you.....
Nethili fish - 500 grms ( Washed and cleaned)
Red Chilly powder - 2 tsp ( If you prefer bit more spicy or less , then you can add more or less chilly powder accordingly)
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Salt - To taste.
Corn flour - 3 tsp
Rice Flour - 2 tsp
curd - 5 tsp
food colouring powder - orange ( 2 pinch)
Lemon juice - 2 - 3 drops
Curry Leaves ( Optional) - Hand full ( washed and cleaned)
Oil - To fry
* Take the washed fish and add the above mentioned ingredients and mix well by adding little bit of water.
* Make sure you mix well, and the masala is generously applied.
* Now keep it in the fridge for 1/2 hr to 1 hr. ( The more time you keep, the more taste you get)
* Then take a pan add oil and heat it.
* Now add the nethili fish one by one and fry it.
* Wow , the yummy and spicy nethili fish fry is ready. Now you can fry the curry leaves and garnish it. Serve hot.
Back to spice-india recipe site.