Hmmmm......Spicy prawn curry is almost very one's fav.......and here is the recipe......
Prawn - 500 grms ( Washed and peeled ) ( i use the Raw forzen prawn in UK)
Onion - 1 ( Bigger size) Chopped
Tomatoes - 1 1/2 to 2 ( Chopped)
Green Chilly - 1
Chilly powder - 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder - 1 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Salt - To taste
Ginger and Garlic paste - 5 tsp
Garam Masala - 1/2 tsp
Soya sauce - 1/2 tsp
Coriander leaves - To garnish
Red food colouring - 2 drops
Oil - To fry
* Take a pan, add oil and heat it.
* Then add the onions and fry it till golden brown.
* Then add the green chilly and fry it. Now add the chopped tomatoes and fry it.
* Make it cool , and grind it to paste ( May be not too fine ) by adding necessary water.
* Now take a pan, add oil add the ginger and garlic paste and fry it till the raw smell disappears. then add grinded paste and fry it.
* Now add the chilly powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and salt and fry and cook for few mins.
* Then add the prawn, soya sauce, food colouring and cook till the gravy comes bit dry.
* Finally add the garam masala.
Wow......the spicy and tasty prawn curry is ready.......Garnish and serve hot.
Back to Spice-India recipe blog