Bittergourd Kuzhambu is my fav. This is the recipe i learnt from my mom. And the recipe is here....
Bitter Gourd : 1 ( Cleaned and chopped)
Tamarind - One Lemon size ( Soak it in 2 - 3 cups of water for 20 mins and make tamarind water out of it)
Vadakam - 1/2 tsp
Tomato - 1
Chilly Powder - 1 Tsp
Coriander Powder - 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
Salt - To taste
Jaggery - 3 -4 tsp
Coconut - 3 - 4 small pieces ( Grind it add some water )
Oil - To fry Bitter groud
* First clean and chop the bittergourd in to small pieces and fry it in oil for few mins and keep it aside.
* Now take a pan add some oil and fry vadakam add the tamarind water .
* Now add chilly powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and salt to the tamarind water.
* Now squeeze one tomato to the tamarind water.
* Now allow the mixture to be cooked for atleast 25 - 30 mins.
* Finally add the fried bitter gourd, jaggery and the grinded coconut and cook for another 5 more mins.
Wow.......the Bitter gourd kuzhambu is ready to be served.
Serve hot with plain rice.
Back to Spice-India recipe site