Hi friends, i know i made you to wait too long. First of all sorry for that. Today i am going to post the recipe for chicken tikka kathi kabab. This is one of my all time fav. I just love the taste. So, without wasting much time, i will go directly for the recipe. And the recipe goes just like this..................
Chicken - !/2 Kg ( Boneless)
Flour Tortillas - 3 - 4 ( Or more, according to how many you are going to prepare)
Tandoori Masala - 3 tsp
Lemom Juice - 5 tsp
Big Onion - 1 ( Chopped)
Tomatoes - 2 ( Chopped )
Cumin seed - 1/2 tsp
red Chilly powder - 1 tsp ( Or according to the spice you need)
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Coriander powder - 1 tsp
Almonds - 5 -6
Natural Yogurt - 1/2 cup
Salt - To taste
Oil - To Fry
Garam Masala - 1/2 tsp
Coriander leaves - a handful ( Chopped very very finely)
* First clean the chicken and remove the skin. Then chop the chicken in small pieces.
* Now rub the chicken with the lemon juice. Then marinade completely with the tandoori masala. Ensure the marinade reaches all parts generously. Then mix the coriander leaves and leave to stand Overnight, but preferably for 24 or even 30 hours - ( Atleast minimum of 6 hours) . The longer you leave it the deeper the marinade penetrates. ( Keep it in the fridge)
*Then take a pan, add oil. Fry the cumin seeds. Then fry the onion and tomatoes .
* Allow it to cook and grind the mix adding few almonds and water. ( Dont grind it into very fine paste )
* Then add oil add the grinded mixture, then add the rest of the coriander leaves.
* Then add yogurt to it and mix the mixture well.
* Now add the marinated chicken to the mixture, and add the chilly powder, turmeric powder, salt, coriander powder and mix well and cook till the gravy thickens.
* Finally add the garam masala.
* The masala is now ready
* Now take a tortillas and keep it on the plate and scoop the chicken masala on to the tortillas.
* Now carefully roll the tortillas, and pin it with a tooth pick. So that it will not open again until we finish off with other tortillas.
* Prepare as much roll you want and finally microwave it. This is just to heat the tortillas. ( Because i use the ready made flour tortillas).
* Wow...........the chicken tikka kathi kabab is ready and now its ready to be served.
Serve hot and enjoy yours........
back to Spice-india recipe site