Palak / Spinach paneer is a very famous dish in north India. This is such a simple recipe, but taste too good. You can serve this with naan, chapathi, roti or even with plain rice. The recipe is here just for you.
Palak / Spinach - 300 grms ( washed and cleaned)
Paneer - 100 grms ( chopped in small cubes and fried in oil till golden brown)
Big onions - 2 ( Chopped )
Tomatoes - 2 ( Chopped )
oil - To fry ( 2 -4 tsp)
Methi leaves - 1 tsp
Chilly powder - 1 tsp
Coriander powder - 1 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp ( Optional)
Salt - To taste
Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
Ginger and Garlic paste - 2 tsp
* First take a pan and add some oil and add onions( Dont add all the onions, add just 1 & 1/2 onion and keep the rest for later use) and fry till golden brown.
* Then add the tomatoes and fry till the tomatoes are cooked well.
* Now add the cleaned palak and cook for 5 mins (Add little water , 1/2 cup)
* When the palak is cooked, keep it aside to cool it.
* Now put the mixture in a blender and grind it to paste.
* Take a another pan add oil and now add the rest of the onion and fry till golden brown.
* Now add the cumin seeds and methi leaves and fry for 2 mins.
* Now add the grinded mixture to it.
* Add chilly powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and salt.
* Cook the mixture for 5 mins.
* Now finally add the chopped paneer to it and mix well and cook for another 10 more mins.
To frying the paneer is just optional, we can also add it directly to our recipes, depeneding on how fresh it is. ( Dont fry it too much, because it may go hard, just fry for 2 - 3 mins in medium flame)
Back to Spice-India recipe Site